QuickBooks Online Payroll lets the accountants and not the Intuit manage the client payroll taxes. It eases the work by automatically calculating earnings, payroll taxes and deductions using the latest tax rates. This article will give an insight into how to set up payroll in QuickBooks online without much hassle.
What are the features of QuickBooks Online Payroll?
QuickBooks online payroll basically has the following unique features which make it highly efficient, productive and accurate as compared to other systems.
- QuickBooks online payroll is easily accessible.
Payroll is integrated with QuickBooks online so there is no need to remember extra login information. The employees can access their paychecks from paychecks.intuit.com, which is included in QuickBooks online payroll already and is called View My Paycheck.
- QuickBooks offers easy collaboration.
With the help of QuickBooks online and cloud, your clients can have multiple users working in your timesheets, payroll and other areas.
- App integration feature is available.
Its one of the most exciting feature is QuickBooks Online Payroll timesheet is generated by third-party apps which adds features like time tracking.
You May Also Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error?
How to set-up payroll in QuickBooks Online?
To set-up payroll successfully in QuickBooks online, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps with utmost accuracy.
- A user needs to navigate to the Employee center. Locate the left menu bar. Now select Employees Tab.
- Now proceed with the payroll setup. A screen conveying “Let’s set you up to pay employees” pops open. Select the Get Set Up button to proceed to the next screen.
Note: If you have not signed up for payroll yet, then you will see a button to Add Payroll and not for set-up.
- A user needs to respond to questions about prior payrolls. In case you are converting from a manual/computerized payroll system then you will need to provide some extra information to make sure your W-2 forms are accurate.
- A question about ‘whether you have paid any W-2 employees in 20XX’ needs to be answered. If you have paid any employees this year, then select Yes. If this year it’s the first time you are making payment to any employee, select No.
- Another question is that ‘mention the date on which you plan to run your first payroll”- You need to mention the date when you intend to run your first payroll in QuickBooks online. If you clicked on NO in the previous question, then you will not see this question.
- Another question which needs to be answered is “How did you pay your employees?”-You need to mention the manner in which you paid the employees in your old system. The response to this question is important because if you paid employees and withheld taxes from their respective paychecks, you need to mention the year-to-date payroll information for each employee later on in the setup.
- The next step is to add an employee.
- Fill in complete employee information. A user needs to fill in the required information as discussed below.
- After completing all the necessary information for each employee, a user sees a sample paycheck to ensure that all the required information looks correct.
If you are not able to set-up payroll or while setting up the payroll you face difficulty, then to seek immediate assistance from experts you can call on QuickBooks payroll customer support phone number 1-888-412-7852.