QuickBooks payroll is a software that is known for its advanced features and tools. However, just like every other software, even QuickBooks encounters some hindrances that occur in the form of Bugs called Error Codes. These error codes when arise, do not allow the users to use the software properly. Therefore, there is a strict need for removal of such errors that cause annoyance amidst users.
Reasons for the cause of “QuickBooks Payroll Error Failed to Send Usage Data”
- If the time zone is incorrect in your system.
- If you create a copy of an Accountant.
Method 1: To fix the Payroll error while trying to send usage data
- Visit the Employee option in your QuickBooks then choose My payroll service and tap on manage service key option.
- Choose Edit, option after which you may clear the checkbox on “Open Payroll Setup” and hit Finish. This should activate your service key.
- After that, come back to the main setting
- Visit the Employees, then, My Payroll Service, and later Send Usage Data.
If the above method does not work, move on to the next.
You May Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Company File Data Damages
Method 2: Check the date and time of the file location in your system if you are still facing Error in QB payroll
For Windows 7 perform the following steps:
- Open your desktop and double click on the date and time that shows on the bottom of the window screen.
- In case you are unable to change the date and time in the system then go to start option or you can simply press window button form your keyboard.
- Choose Control Panel
- Choose Clock ,Language and, region option.
- In the next window, two more options of date and time settings will be displayed along with the region and language.
- Choose the date and time option.
- After that, on the Date and Time button, choose Change date and time button.
- Select current date and time, then tap on OK button.
- After that, click OK and then choose OK
Now, check if the time and date are correct in the system
For Windows 8, perform the following steps:
- Open Control Panel.
- Tap on Clock, Language, Region.
- Under Date and time, click on Set the date and time.
- Click on the Change date and time settings.
- In Date and Time tab, tap on Change date and time button.
- Click on correct date and time.
- Tap on OK.
- To change the time zone, click on change time Zone button and then choose the preferred time zone.
- If you are in a daylight saving time zone, click on the automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time tick-box
Now, check that the date and time are correct.
If the above method doesn’t resolve your issue, then try the next method.
Method 3: Check if there exists an Accountant’s copy
- In case the Date and time are correct, then you must toggle the time zone (correct, wrong, correct) by following the simple steps:
- If an Accountant’s copy exists, remove restrictions manually or you can wait until the Accountant’s copy is returned. In this way, you have to ensure to verify your Accountant.
- Now, try to send this to Intuit.
- If the error continues to exist, then delete all the online transactions that have been sent.
- Tap on Edit from the top menu bar
- Then tap on Find (or press CTRL+F).
- After that, you may click on the Advanced tab.
- In the Filter box, select the following options:
- Visit the drop-down menu, select the filter Detail Level and select Summary only.
- Then go to the drop-down menu and choose the filter Online Status. Then, choose Online to send.
- After you have done this, go to the drop-down menu, select the filter Posting Status and choose either.
- Then, click on the Find button from the top right corner of the Find screen.
If you are still facing the same error, contact our QuickBooks Experts to resolve your issues at QuickBooks Payroll Customer Support Phone Number 1-888-412-7852.