QuickBooks Payroll service is pretty useful for users overall. However, it can still display errors from time to time that can be quite annoying for users. Here is our solution to your problem.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 403?
Error Code 403 is a common error that could occur in QuickBooks. While it is not specific to the Payroll service, it is still inclusive of it as well. It could occur when you are trying to download an update for your QuickBooks. Users will see this message displayed in a notification on their screen:
“Error #403 – Maintenance Releases Line”
What causes Error 403 in QuickBooks?
This error code is usually caused by:
- Incorrect configuration of LAN settings on your system.
- It could also be because of a poorly configured Windows Firewall
- A slow/malfunctioning Internet Connection could also be the cause
- Your Antivirus could be blocking the updates as well.
Resolving Error 403
Solution 1: Remove the proxy from Internet Options
- Click on the Start menu.
- Navigate to the Control Panel.
- Click on Internet Options.
- In the window that appears, select the Connections tab located at the top.
- From the bottom of this window, click on LAN Settings.
- There should be a box under the Proxy section – uncheck it.
- Click on OK.
Solution 2: Configure your Firewall ports
- Use the Windows Search Bar to open the Firewall.
- Click on Advanced Settings.
- Right-click on the Inbound Rules option.
- Select the option for New Rule.
- Click on Port, and click next.
- Select your TCP, and enter the ports based on your version of QuickBooks. Use this list:
QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
- Click on Allow Connection.
- Select Next
- Name the rule as per your choice and select Finish.
Solution 3: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is a very useful application manufactured by Intuit. You can use it to:
- Find internet connectivity issues
- Fix multiple errors
- Automatically organize your Firewall ports and their exceptions.
Simply download the File Doctor and run it, and it should automatically diagnose and repair your issues with QuickBooks Payroll.
We hope that helped!
QuickBooks Error 403 can be quite annoying to deal with. If you would like an IT professional to help you out with the above solutions, or if they just didn’t work for you, please contact at QuickBooks Payroll Technical Support Phone Number 1-888-412-7852.