QuickBooks is a highly convenient software placed to increase the efficiency of all accounting and bookkeeping needs of small and medium businesses. There are multiple errors that could occur with QuickBooks in spite of this, mainly because attributed to human errors. Out of these, one such error is QuickBooks Error 175305, that could occur during a store exchange process.
This could happen due to a multitude of reasons while having reasonably complex solutions. Support Desk will help you solve QuickBooks related issues with ease. If you would like to perform these on your own, however, then we will try our best to help you with this blog.
What is QuickBooks Error 175305?
This error could occur when you are trying to make a store exchange between your headquarters and your other remote stores. This transfer of data could sometimes be hampered by a few errors, one such being the Error code 175305. It could also happen when you do not have the appropriate administrator privileges to access the data transfer.
What causes Error 175305?
Most store exchange errors are caused by the same factors, which include:
- Your multi-store settings have been incorrectly configured.
- .QBT file in your directory has been damaged.
- The headquarters and the store have typed in mismatching passwords.
- Your Windows Firewall is interfering with the process somehow.
- Antivirus program on your system is conflicting with the data transfer.
- There are some compatibility issues.
- The license number in the store is incorrect.
- You do not have administrator privileges.
- You are attempting to transfer data between two different headquarters, instead of a remote store.
How to resolve QuickBooks Error 175305?
Note: Ensure that you have full admin access to your system before continuing.
Solution 1: Add exceptions to your Firewall
Ensure that your Firewall is configured correctly. While QuickBooks should be able to do it well enough on its own, sometimes it may not. This is when you will have to manually add an exception in the Windows Firewall for QuickBooks Point of Sale, to ensure a smooth data transfer process. Simply allow the connection from your firewall settings, and you should be good to go.
Solution 2: Adding exceptions to your Antivirus software
Just like your Firewall, the antivirus program you are running on your system could also find conflicts with the transfer of data to or from an external source. You will have to directly configure the settings and add an exception for QuickBooks POS within the software as well. This could be done easily, depending on the program you are running.
Solution 3: Change your Store Exchange Method
- Find the File menu at the top of your screen.
- Select Preferences, and then click on a company.
- Click on the option for Multi-store.
- Select Store exchange.
- Check the ‘not used’ option, and click on Save.
- Re-open the preferences window.
- Re-enter your original preference, and save it.
- This should allow you to transfer data easily.
Solution 4: Delete the.QBT files
This process is different depending on what your store type is,
For the headquarters:
- From the server, go to the local directory, which is usually C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale x.x\Stex.
- Find the .QBT file and right click it.
- From the drop-down menu, select Delete.
For remote stores: (Please perform this in all the remote locations)
- Search for the .QBT files using Windows Explorer.
- Right click on them, and select Delete from the menu.
Solution 5: Perform a complete password reset for all your stores
In this process, it is of vital importance that you set all the store passwords to be the same.
- Go to the file menu.
- Select preferences, and find your company.
- Under the multi-store option, select the option for Store exchange.
- Click on options.
- Find the option for Change Password.
- Make sure that you set identical passwords for all your stores.
- Try and perform another data exchange, this time it should be successful.
That should help resolve your QuickBooks POS error!
We hope that the information in the blog was informative, and you managed to rid yourself of the highly annoying QuickBooks Error 175305. If you think that the steps were too complex or you are unable to perform them successfully, please contact QuickBooks Payroll tech support number 1-888-412-7852. It is a toll-free calling service that works on a 24*7 basis. Call ASAP!