If you are just like most business owners with tight cash flow and a desire to save plenty of money, this article should be able to help you. One of the best ways to save plenty of money is by using your own payroll. When you use QuickBooks Online, you do not really need to do your own payroll somehow. In this article, you are going to read about how to set up Payroll in QuickBooks Online.
Given below are five steps on how to set up your payroll in QuickBooks Online manually. Let’s get started:
Step 1: Navigate to the Employee’s Center
To do this, you need to first tap on the Employees tab located on the left menu bar.
Step 2: Continue with the Payroll Setup
In case, you got payroll with QuickBooks Online subscription, then you need to click on the “Get set up” button to continue with the next screen.
Note: If you have not logged in for payroll yet, then you will see a button that says “Add Payroll”, click on it.
When you face problems, connect with us at QuickBooks Payroll Help for more.
Step 3: Reply to Questions considering Prior Payrolls
In case, you are converting to QuickBooks from a manual/computerized payroll system, then it is important for you to supply a few additional information just to make sure that your W-2 forms are correct and proper.
- Have you paid any W-2 employees in 20XX?: This question is pretty self-explanatory. In case, you have paid employees this year, click on “yes”. If this is the first time you are paying employees this year, press “no”.
- When will you first access Payroll with QuickBooks Online Payroll?: Type the date when you plan to run your first payroll in QuickBooks. The options that are available over here will be based on the current date.
Tip: When you choose “no” for the first question, you will not view this question again.
- How did you pay your employees?: Consider the manner in which you paid your employees in your manual/old system. Your reply to this question is extremely crucial so that if you paid employees and withheld taxes from their paychecks, you will need to supply the year-to-date payroll information for each employee later on in the installation.
Tip: This information should be readily available from the final payroll check that you let process for every employee.
Step 4: Add Employees
Tap on “Add an employee”.
Step 5: Finish Employee Info
Complete the fields:
- Employee Withholding Info: This information will appear from the Form W-4 As soon as you tap on the edit pencil, a new screen will pop up.
- Pay Schedule: From the drop-down, choose the pay schedule for the employee. (i.e. Weekly, Every other Friday, Monthly, etc.)
- Employee Pay: Enter the employee’s wage in this field.
Tip: In case, you require to add more pay types, just click on the Add additional pay types link directly below this field.
- Employee Deductions/Contribution: Select the deductions/contributions for the employee.
- Payment Method: Choose either direct deposit or live check from the drop-down. In case you choose direct deposit, enter the employee’s banking information directly from the direct deposit authorization form we discussed earlier.
- Enter year-to-date payroll info: If you paid this employee this year, enter YTD payroll info from their last payroll check issued out of the old system.
Thank you for visiting us. If you have any query, feel free to resolve with us at QuickBooks payroll tech help number 1-888-412-7852.